It all starts with people: Performers and Composers.
Performers get things done in Performer. The whole purpose and focus of Performer is to help the logged in person know what they have to do next across all of their work. and to provide all of the needed information and know-how they need to accomplish their work effectively and on time.
Performer presents the world according to me, revealing my responsibilties, my commitements, my progress, and my place among my colleages.
Composers get things done in Composer. Everything the logged in Composer does is on behalf of a Group. Composers:
- Describe all the things their Group knows how to do as a sequence of Events, collecting them into one or more process Compositions.
- Organize their Groups' Compositions into a repertoire of processes that can be called up and instantiated in Performer.
- Build a taxonomy of standard Roles that people fulfill when working, and that apply across process Compositions.
- Define and organize a set of Attributes that can be associated with different Events across different Compositions.
- Define and organize a set of Notes and/or Documents, that can be associated with different Events across different Compositions, and that store and express the institutional kowledge that the organization (Group) relies on to create value and get things done.
Composer presents the world according to the organizations I manage. It is the place where I am able to make some of my best contributions to the mission and strategies of the organizations I work for.
Groups are one or more people. Anyone can create a Group, and invite anyone else to be a member.
- Groups can own Projects.
- Groups can be invited to take a Role on a Project.